The Eggnog is a popular drink all over the world during the festive season. It is almost a given in most cultures to have Eggnog on the table at Christmas time and Jamaica is no different. However, a Jamaican Eggnog is like no other. It is rich, flavorful and tastier than any you have ever had, guaranteed ;).
Check out the tasteful recipe below.
4 eggs, separated
8 fluid ounces milk
2 ounces brown sugar
4 fluid ounces dark rum
1 lime, zest of (coarsely grated)
8 ounces vanilla ice cream
ground nutmeg, to taste
1. Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy.
2. Pour mixture into blender and add milk and rum.
3. Blend for a few seconds.
4. Add ice cream, rind, egg whites and nutmeg.
5. Whip for a few more seconds.
6. Remove from a blender and chill for a few hours.
7. Pour into glasses and serve.
Have you ever had Jamaican Eggnog before and if not, are you eager to try? Hail us up in the comments below.
Courtesy of food.com
Sign up for our ReCaFo Irie Newsletter now! We deliver the vibe of the islands right to your inbox.