Chicken wings is considered a delicacy around the world. We fry them, bake them, barbeque them, jerk them, and the list goes on. Today we give you a recipe for Escovitch Chicken, Jamaican style. So grab your ingredients and get cooking.
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 4 lbs Chicken Wings
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup white Vinegar (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 1 cup water (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 2 table spoons vegetable oil (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 1 table spoon sugar (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 2 Onions (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (For Escovitch Sauce)
- 20 pimentos seeds (For Escovitch Sauce)
- In a bowl combine the flour, thyme, sugar, salt, black pepper, onion salt, garlic salt, paprika and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk in another bowl. Beat well.
- Place oil in a frying pan/sauce pan. Enough to deep fry the chicken wings.
- Dip in the chicken wings in the egg mixture
- Lightly dip the wings in the flour mixture. Do not put too much of the flour mixture on the chicken wings.
- Heat the oil to 400 degrees and place the chicken wings in the frying pan/sauce pan
- Fry the chicken wings crisp until golden brown. Turn down the heat as necessary.
- Set the chicken wings aside in a dish
- Slice onions, scotch bonnet pepper (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Combine the vinegar, water, 2 table spoons sugar and oil in a small pot (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Place on stove and boil. (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Place onions, scotch bonnet pepper, and pimento in the pot (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Boil contents on stove for approx. 5 min. Be careful of your eyes burning if contents are overheated. (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Pour contents on the chicken wings
- Serves 6
Try this recipe and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Visit our online store @ www.shop.recafo.com for your Jamaican sauces and snacks today!
Sign up for our ReCaFo Irie Newsletter now! We deliver the vibe of the islands right to your inbox.