The Liver is a not so popular part of the Chicken or Cow, but is one of the most nutritious parts you could ever eat if you are looking for a perfect daily dose of iron and protein. Today we give you a great tasting Liver recipe that will leave you wanting more. Check out the recipe below.
Preparation time: 20m
For 8 people ()
- 2 pound(s) chicken/beef liver
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 6 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, grated
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet pepper, julienne
- 1/4 cup(s) escallion, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) scotch bonnet pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) sherry
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fish and Meat Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
Breaded Liver Directions
Strip membrane from liver and cut into thin strips.
Season liver with grated ginger, black pepper, garlic, half the grated onion and 2 Tbsps. soy sauce.
Coat liver in flour then shake off the excess.
Heat Vegetable Oil in a large skillet and fry liver for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from fry pan and set aside.
Return skillet to flame, add sweet pepper, escallion, tomato, scotch bonnet pepper, remaining onion, sherry, Fish & Meat Sauce, Tomato Ketchup, chicken stock, thyme leaves and salt. Mix well and bring to a boil.
Add liver, stir, lower flame and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
RECIPE NOTE: Julienne – To cut into thin strips.
What do you think about this recipe, have you ever tried it before?
via Grace Foods