Jerk is the rockstar of Jamaican food, but it is mostly associated with Chicken and Pork. Today we give you a tasty recipe that will be perfect for your Vegetarian palate. The Jerk Tofu is just as spicy as Jerk Chicken/Pork and will definitely leave you going back for more. It is the perfect spicy substitute for any meat dish. Check it out below.
For 4 people
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegetable stock
- 1/2 pound(s) onion, roughly chopped
- 5 stalk(s) scallion, roughly chopped
- 6 whole pimento berries
- 3 tablespoon(s) light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) ginger, grated
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 pound(s) firm tofu, sliced thinly
- To Make Sauce:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk(s) scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger, grated
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) Jerk Sauce
Jerk Tofu Directions
Blend together vegetable stock, onion, scallion, pimento berries, light soy sauce, ginger, garlic and jerk sauce to make a marinade.
Pour the marinade in a bowl and add tofu, ensuring that each piece is completely covered. Marinate for 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Place tofu on a pre-heated grill and grill for 5-10 minutes, turning on both sides to develop color.
To Make Sauce
Blend together onion, scallion, ginger, garlic and soy sauce.
To Serve: Serve with brown rice, pumpkin and a green salad.
Recipe Note: To make vegetable stock – Boil 1 packet Grace Vegetable Soup Mix with 3 cups water. Strain and use as directed.
What do you think about this dish, have you ever tried it before? Hail us up in the comments below.